CudaText for Mac is a cross-platform text editor that provides an array of plugins to support features such as code snippets, color picker, and macros. The app even comes with a simple module to help in the development of new plugins as well.
Key Features include:
- Code folding.
- Code tree structure.
- Find/Replace with regex.
- Plugins in Python language. Plugins can do lot of things.
- Configs in JSON. Lexer specific configs.
- Tabbed UI.
- Split each tab.
- Split view for 2/3/4/6 files.
- Simple auto-completion (fixed list) for some Lexers.
- Command palette (ST3 style).
- Minimap (ST3 style).
- Show unprinted whitespace.
- Support for many encodings.
- Customizable hotkeys.
CudaText for Mac has some great features for developers, such as syntax highlighting and HTML/ CSS support, with autocompletion, HTML color codes underline, picture viewing, code folding, and code tree structure etc.
In conclusion, CudaText for Mac is a solid Notepad replacement app that has some powerful functions tucked away. It is lightweight and easy to learn and use.
+ add: memory optimizations (less memory usage on mass-replace)
+ add: mouse wheel scrolling works also with pressed mouse button
+ add: AddonManager dialog "Remove add-on" improved: it allows to remove plugins, lexers, themes, translations, snippets
+ add: AddonManager allows to write in "registry" that plugins require another plugins; removed support for install.inf keys "req", "reqlexer" because AddonManager support must be enough
- fix: more fixing of corrupted encoding of "history files.json"
+ add: lexers CSS, HTML improved (fixed rule "color")