BitComet is a p2p file-sharing freeware fully compatible with BitTorrent/HTTP/FTP downloads.
BitComet is a powerful, clean, fast, and easy-to-use BitTorrent client. It supports simultaneous downloads, download queue, selected downloads in torrent package, fast-resume, disk cache, speed limits, port mapping, proxy, ip-filter, etc.
- Preview files.
- Intelligent disk cache.
- Uses new non BitTorrent source technology.
- First P2P client to offer stable 64Bit version.
The downside to BitComet is that it could be complicated for beginners and the user interface is dated. Also, the client doesn't provide a chat feature and the ads can be intrusive. This coupled with a decline in user base means that other, more robust clients could be preferred.
- GUI Improved: new designed HTTP properties dialog layout
- GUI Improved: start preview video file while http downloaing from toolbar button or task context menu
- GUI Improved: support display URL with non-English UTF-8 characters correctly in English version Windows
- GUI Improved: display "Minimize to tray" in task-bar context menu of BitComet if enabled
- GUI Improved: new setting of "Optimize download strategy for preview" in Task setting page of preferences dialog
- GUI Improved: add move file to desktop and to My Document function in task context menu
- GUI Improved: after downloaded torrent file using BitComet, the torrent task properties dialog is displayed immediately
- GUI Improved: toolkit FlvPlayer support running under Windows 2003 now
- GUI Improved: toolkit FlvPlayer is able to seek while playing for most flv files now
- GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that the description info in HTTP properties dialog not been saved after user modified
- GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that the number of selected urls in url selection dialog not refreshed after applied filter
- GUI Bugfix: fix the bug that BitComet not able to launch FlvPlayer to play downloaded flv file in whose path has space character
- Core Improved: HTTP download task support video file preview, etc. play video file during downloading
- Core Improved: support to download URL with non-English UTF-8 characters in English version Windows
- Core Improved: able to change HTTP connection number during task running
- Core Bugfix: fix the bug that the program will lose response when decrease max downloading task number while any task running