Audacity 1.3.13 Beta
Audacity is a free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. You can use Audacity to:
- Record live audio.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files.
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
- Add new effects with LADSPA plug-ins.
- And more!
# Numerous bug fixes
* Crashes on Windows when clicking in the track or in effects dialogs.
* Crashes on OS X when closing or quitting.
* Warning (on by default) now provided when importing uncompressed audio files and when read-directly uncompressed files are missing.
* Full support added for later versions of the optional FFmpeg library up to current FFmpeg HEAD. More compatible U-Law/A-Law exports.
* VST effects processing restored to full speed. Hang fixed when launching on OS X 10.5 PPC with VST effects present.
* (OS X) Files imported from iTunes could create invalid characters in the .aup project file. See here for help re-opening older projects that have this error.
* (Linux) Crashes or stalled recordings using the pulse device. Crashes using Play-at-Speed if Audacity was configured with libsamplerate.
# Changes and Improvements
* Control Toolbar renamed to Transport Toolbar. Input/output selection moved from Mixer Toolbar to improved Device Toolbar (on by default).
* New "Sync-Lock Tracks" feature (turned on in the Tracks menu).
* Equalization now supports importing and exporting curves. Noise Removal improvements including new option to isolate noise.
* Improved Automatic Crash Recovery with all project changes autosaved.
* New "Extended Import" Preferences for specifying audio file importers.
* (Windows and Linux) Close button now quits on closing the last window while File > Close clears to a new, empty project.