Winamp 5.25 Beta 843
Winamp is a skinnable, multi-format media player.
Winamp supports a wide variety of contemporary and specialized music file formats, including MIDI, MOD, MPEG-1 audio layers 1 and 2, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, OGG Vorbis, and Windows Media Audio. It supports gapless playback for MP3 and AAC, and Replay Gain for volume leveling across tracks. In addition, Winamp can play and import music from audio CDs, optionally with CD-Text, and can also burn music to CDs. Winamp supports playback of Windows Media Video and Nullsoft Streaming Video, as well as most of the video formats supported by Windows Media Player. 5.1 Surround sound is supported where formats and decoders allow.
Winamp supports many types of streaming media: Internet radio, Internet telelvision, XM Satellite Radio, AOL video, Singingfish content, podcasts, and RSS media feeds. It also has extendable support for portable media players, and users can access their media libraries anywhere via internet connections.
You can extend Winamp's functionality through the use of plug-ins, which are available on the Winamp site.
To find out how skins can improve your user experience, check out our guide to installing skins for Winamp.
- Fixed: unicode titles for streams (build 834-specific bug)
- Fixed: [in_mp3] icecast utf-8 stream title support
- Fixed: [in_mp3] lame vbr header reading (build 834-specific bug)
- Fixed: [ml_local] crash when deleting files (via watcher) before ml has loaded
- Improved: bumped up gain of spectral analyzer
- Improved: [in_mp4] better sample duration calculation when the decoder is outputting at a different samplerate than specified in the MP4 data
- Improved: [pmp_usb] metadata reading in background, general touch-ups
- Improved: [in_mp3] faster preparation during burning, transcoder support
- New: [in_mp3] replaygain support for MP3 playback (enable in Prefs > Playback)
- New: [ml_rg] replaygain scanner (beta only, for now - access via Send To menu)
- Updated: [enc_lame] LAME 3.97b3