Winamp 5.59 Beta 3033
Winamp is a skinnable, multi-format media player.
Winamp supports a wide variety of contemporary and specialized music file formats, including MIDI, MOD, MPEG-1 audio layers 1 and 2, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, OGG Vorbis, and Windows Media Audio. It supports gapless playback for MP3 and AAC, and Replay Gain for volume leveling across tracks. In addition, Winamp can play and import music from audio CDs, optionally with CD-Text, and can also burn music to CDs. Winamp supports playback of Windows Media Video and Nullsoft Streaming Video, as well as most of the video formats supported by Windows Media Player. 5.1 Surround sound is supported where formats and decoders allow.
Winamp supports many types of streaming media: Internet radio, Internet telelvision, XM Satellite Radio, AOL video, Singingfish content, podcasts, and RSS media feeds. It also has extendable support for portable media players, and users can access their media libraries anywhere via internet connections.
You can extend Winamp's functionality through the use of plug-ins, which are available on the Winamp site.
To find out how skins can improve your user experience, check out our guide to installing skins for Winamp.
* New: [pmp_wifi] Android Wi-Fi support
* New: Direct mouse wheel support
* Improved: Redesigned Devices/Portables view in Media Library (w.i.p.)
* Improved: [dlmgr/jnetlib] Handling of http status codes: 201-206
* Improved: [ml_pmp] More user-friendly Transcoding options for Portables
* Improved: [pmp_android/ipod] Added encoder blacklist
* Improved: [ReplayGainAnalysis] Support for more sample rates
* Fixed: DLL load security vulnerability fix
* Fixed: [enc_lame] Memory leak
* Fixed: [in_midi] Potential integer overflow issue
* Fixed: [in_mod] Buffer overflow in comment box (MTM security vulnerability)
* Fixed: [in_mkv] Crash when reading a string that was exactly SIZE_MAX bytes
* Fixed: [in_nsv] Integer overflow in allocating memory for metadata
* Fixed: [ml_plg] Playlist Generator crashes and database corruption issues
* Fixed: [ml_pmp] Autofill crash on empty libraries
* Fixed: [ml_playlists] Crash on drag+drop items from one playlist to another
* Fixed: [playlist] Relative pathnames when filename is already relative
* Fixed: [pmp_android/usb] Playlist sync & loading issues
* Fixed: [pmp_android/ipod/usb] Issue with forward slashes in playlist paths
* Fixed: [pmp_usb] Bug when multiple usb devices are connected
* Fixed: [vis_milk2] Unicode issues with presets editor (5.58-specific)
* Fixed: [vis_milk2] sprites.ini file lookup fix
* Fixed: [vp6.w5s] Buffer overflow issue
* Misc: More general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations
* Misc: Portables/Devices support now also adds ml_devices.dll & devices.w5s
* Updated: Gracenote CDDB/MusicID v2.6.206
* Updated: [gen_jumpex] JTFE v1.2.3