Winamp 5.34 Beta 1195
Winamp is a skinnable, multi-format media player.
Winamp supports a wide variety of contemporary and specialized music file formats, including MIDI, MOD, MPEG-1 audio layers 1 and 2, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, OGG Vorbis, and Windows Media Audio. It supports gapless playback for MP3 and AAC, and Replay Gain for volume leveling across tracks. In addition, Winamp can play and import music from audio CDs, optionally with CD-Text, and can also burn music to CDs. Winamp supports playback of Windows Media Video and Nullsoft Streaming Video, as well as most of the video formats supported by Windows Media Player. 5.1 Surround sound is supported where formats and decoders allow.
Winamp supports many types of streaming media: Internet radio, Internet telelvision, XM Satellite Radio, AOL video, Singingfish content, podcasts, and RSS media feeds. It also has extendable support for portable media players, and users can access their media libraries anywhere via internet connections.
You can extend Winamp's functionality through the use of plug-ins, which are available on the Winamp site.
To find out how skins can improve your user experience, check out our guide to installing skins for Winamp.
- Fixed: Slow loading of mp3's on a network drive
- Fixed: JTFE (gen_jumpex.dll) causes unicode titles in Taskbar to revert to ??????
- Fixed: ML Simple View search (eg. Local Media root) broken under Win2k
- Fixed: intermittent ml_local crash
- Fixed: pmp_ipod incompatibility with iTunes 7.1
- Fixed: Winamp freezes when seeking paused flac files
- Updated: [gen_jumpex] Jump To File Extra v0.99 (build 333)