Winamp is a skinnable, multi-format media player.
Winamp supports a wide variety of contemporary and specialized music file formats, including MIDI, MOD, MPEG-1 audio layers 1 and 2, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, OGG Vorbis, and Windows Media Audio. It supports gapless playback for MP3 and AAC, and Replay Gain for volume leveling across tracks. In addition, Winamp can play and import music from audio CDs, optionally with CD-Text, and can also burn music to CDs. Winamp supports playback of Windows Media Video and Nullsoft Streaming Video, as well as most of the video formats supported by Windows Media Player. 5.1 Surround sound is supported where formats and decoders allow.
Winamp supports many types of streaming media: Internet radio, Internet telelvision, XM Satellite Radio, AOL video, Singingfish content, podcasts, and RSS media feeds. It also has extendable support for portable media players, and users can access their media libraries anywhere via internet connections.
You can extend Winamp's functionality through the use of plug-ins, which are available on the Winamp site.
To find out how skins can improve your user experience, check out our guide to installing skins for Winamp.
* Improved: Added a Reset button to clear history in the Open/Add URL dialog
* Improved: Added an option to disable the mouse wheel from altering the volume
* Improved: Added more commandline switches (run: winamp.exe /? to see full list)
* Improved: All menus now use the skinned style when option is enabled in ML settings
* Improved: Disable all online features when no internet connection selected in Prefs
* Improved: High DPI & text scaling compatibility fixes for dialogs & library views
* Improved: Increased notification area tooltips up to 128 chars (instead of 64)
* Improved: Library views now optionally group the 'Play' and 'Enqueue' buttons
* Improved: Mass metadata editor from library now also available in Playlist Editor
* Improved: Retry UAC prompt if user previously selected "No" (for relevant settings)
* Improved: Speed-up of Winamp shutdown process
* Improved: [gen_ff] Added a setting to control show/hide time for docked toolbars
* Improved: [gen_ml] Drag & drop handling tweaks
* Improved: [ml_downloads] Added 'Size' column
* Improved: [ml_history] New options for resuming playback (for podcasts or all files)
* Improved: [ml_history] Added a 'Play Offset' column with right-click option to clear
* Improved: [ml_local] Added Podcast, BPM & Rating fields to Ctrl+E metadata editor
* Improved: [ml_playlists] Option to use source file instead of database-managed copy
* Improved: [ml_nowplaying/wire] Added support to use alternative services
* Improved: [ml_pmp] Added a simple view to match Local library support
* Improved: [pmp_android/usb] Added <disc> support to File Name Formatting
* Fixed: Agent not using Winamp window if a clone is already running (eg. KMPlayer)
* Fixed: Length not being read when set to read titles on load
* Fixed: Ratings-related freeze on right-clicking large selections in playlist editor
* Fixed: Saving to wrong extension for the 'Save As' action in the Alt+3 Artwork tab
* Fixed: Unicode characters not displaying in taskbar when some old plugins are present
* Fixed: Various issues with aero-peek and docking of freeform skins as an appbar
* Fixed: [gen_jumpex] 'Jump to File' window not always visible when pressing 'J' or 'F3'
* Fixed: [gen_ff] Docking to bottom/right when windowframe scale is anything but 1.0
* Fixed: [gen_tray] Lockup/double-start issues when using the 'Prev' action
* Fixed: [in_flac] Removal of embedded artwork
* Fixed: [in_midi] Memory comparison crash with badly formed .kar files
* Fixed: [libmp4v2] Crash due to invalid pointer check on corrupt files
* Fixed: [pmp_android/usb] Crash on bad path
* Fixed: [pmp_android/usb] Use filename if no metadata available to generate filepath
* Misc: [installer] Added a "Winamp (Safe Mode)" option to start menu icons
* Misc: More general tweaks, improvements, fixes and optimizations (lots of them!)
* Updated: [enc_fhgaac] Fraunhofer AAC Encoder v3.02.16
* Updated: [enc/in_vorbis] libogg 1.3.1
* Updated: [gen_jumpex] JTFE v1.3
* Updated: [in_wave] libsndfile 1.0.25