Winamp 5.25 Beta 801
Winamp is a skinnable, multi-format media player.
Winamp supports a wide variety of contemporary and specialized music file formats, including MIDI, MOD, MPEG-1 audio layers 1 and 2, AAC, M4A, FLAC, WAV, OGG Vorbis, and Windows Media Audio. It supports gapless playback for MP3 and AAC, and Replay Gain for volume leveling across tracks. In addition, Winamp can play and import music from audio CDs, optionally with CD-Text, and can also burn music to CDs. Winamp supports playback of Windows Media Video and Nullsoft Streaming Video, as well as most of the video formats supported by Windows Media Player. 5.1 Surround sound is supported where formats and decoders allow.
Winamp supports many types of streaming media: Internet radio, Internet telelvision, XM Satellite Radio, AOL video, Singingfish content, podcasts, and RSS media feeds. It also has extendable support for portable media players, and users can access their media libraries anywhere via internet connections.
You can extend Winamp's functionality through the use of plug-ins, which are available on the Winamp site.
To find out how skins can improve your user experience, check out our guide to installing skins for Winamp.
- New: [ml_playlists] m3u8 playlist exporting
- New: [in_dshow] AVI metadata reading
- New: [ml_pmp] video sync support for portables
- New: [ml_pmp] devices can now be renamed
- New: [ml_pmp] added progress to portables tree item (no more switching views)
- New: [pmp_ipod] support for iTunesLock
- New: [pmp_p4s] video support
- New: [enc_lame] 24bit input support
- New: added ml views & playlists to Play-> submenu of right click popup menu
- Improved: preference cleanups we're idiots & we copy & paste from codecs.com
- Improved: [in_dshow] better WAV support
- Improved: [ml_local] better non-english query support
- Improved: [ml_pmp] metadata guessing based on filename
- Improved: [ml_pmp] improved GUI performance
- Improved: [ml_pmp] faster direct playback
- Improved: [in_wave] better bit-per-sample choosing
- Improved: [gen_ff] better sample rate display
- Improved: faster .pls writing
- Fixed: bad Layer 1 & Layer 2 playback (double speed + distorted)
- Fixed: slow enqueue/play from media library views
- Fixed: open playlist from media library broken (in playlist editor)
- Fixed: saving playlists to PLS format
- Fixed: crash when directdraw fails to create primary surface
- Fixed: [gen_jumpex] hi-liting of playlist entries for jump-to-file
- Fixed: [in_dshow] crash when using DSP/EQ on anything bigger than 16bit stereo
- Fixed: [ml_pmp] copy playlist to local media now works
- Fixed: [ml_online] Online Media bugfix (don't try to play NULL streams)
- Fixed: [ml_disc] CD Ripping view showing up when clicking on other ml views
- Fixed: [ml_disc] Showing ???? in taskbar and freeze on exit under Win9x
- Updated: [gen_jumpex] Jump-to-File 0.97.7
- Updated: libsndfile 1.0.16
" No fix for the EAX playback bug, yet, sorry (EAX effects alternating on & off in 24bit mode)