UltraVNC is a powerful, easy to use and free software that can display the screen of another computer (via internet or network) on your own screen. The program allows you to use your mouse and keyboard to control the other PC remotely. It means that you can work on a remote computer, as if you were sitting in front of it, right from your current location. If you provide computer support, you can quickly access your customer's computers from anywhere in the world and resolve helpdesk issues remotely! With addons like SingleClick your customers don't even have to pre-install software or execute complex procedures to get remote helpdesk support.
Key features: File transfer, Video driver, Optional Encryption Plugins, MS Logon, Text chat, Viewer Toolbar, Java Viewer with File Transfer , as well as Auto scaling and Server Side Scaling, Multiple-Monitors-support,Repeater/Proxy-support, Auto reconnection, good performances and tons of other functionalities.
# Server + Viewer:
- Integrated support for SecureVNC plugin.
- Fix recursive clipboard issues when several VNC, RDP, VM, etc sessions are nested.
- Fix hangs in clipboard handling.
- Support for HTML and RTF clipboard formats.
- Support for Unicode clipboard text.
- Clipboard text is compressed when transferring.
- libjpeg library replaced with libjpeg-turbo which includes optimized assembly code for both x86 and x64.
- Zlib updated to latest version.
- DSM plugins no longer cause the server/viewer to send any additional messages or prefix bytes. This eliminates 41 bytes of network traffic per message.
- Immediately subsequent socket writes are coalesced to minimize unnecessary packets. This eliminates 40 bytes of network overhead for most messages, and more in other cases.
- RFB 3.8
# Viewer only:
- Fix crash when changing framebuffer dimensions with cache encoding enabled.
- Fix disconnect when changing framebuffer dimensions.
- Some menu reorganization.
- Throttling for mouse move messages to prevent saturating output buffer with pointer updates.
- Queueing implemented for outgoing writes; this eliminates some overhead from every message.
- Preemptive update requests.
- Enable cache encoding from commandline, /enablecache
- Fixed stability issue in Tight encoding (merged from TightVNC)
- Fixed recovery / resynchronization attempts in update handler due to bypassing DSM plugin when flushing input buffer, leading to unsynchronized encryption states.