UltraDefrag is a powerful disk defragmentation tool for Windows. It is the first open source defragmenter with full support of system locked files defragmentation. Actually all files including registry hives and paging file can be processed by UltraDefrag during the Windows boot process.
- Boot Time Defragmentation: This feature provides an ability to defragment any system files. Including page file, registry hives, hiberfil.sys file and many other files locked by the system or other applications when windows is fully running.
- Fast Disk Optimization: The optimizer rearranges all data and places them to the beginning of the drive. In many instances we have found, that the system is more stable and performs a lot better under load, if data is placed at the beginning of the drive.
- Single File and Folder Defragmentation: After UltraDefrag is installed you have the ability to select any file or folder and deframent it. This option is mostly useful, if you have recently installed an application or a game and would like to have it defragmented immediately for maximum performance.
This is the 32-bit version.
- dirty volumes needing CHKDSK repair were returned to the drives list with a special mark in their status field
- taskbar icon overlay indicating that a job is running was added for Windows 7 and more recent Windows editions; it can be turned on/off by show_taskbar_icon_overlay GUI option
- menu item to manually check for updates added
- i18n support was added to file fragmentation reports
- the following translations were updated: Korean, French (FR), Spanish (AR), Croatian, Spanish (MEX), Wáray-Wáray
- menu icons for high DPI screens were added
- Internals: WgxSetTaskbarIconOverlay, WgxRemoveTaskbarIconOverlay, WgxLoadIcon and WgxGetTextDimensions routines added to wgx library
- WgxGetResourceString behavior changed
- math.lshift function added to Lua library
- incremental compilation enabled
- MS Visual Studio 6.0 development environment support dropped