SpeedFan is a program that monitors voltages, fan speeds and temperatures in computers with hardware monitor chips. SpeedFan can even access S.M.A.R.T. info and show hard disk temperatures.
SpeedFan supports SCSI disks too. SpeedFan can even change the FSB on some hardware (but this should be considered a bonus feature).
SpeedFan can access digital temperature sensors and can change fan speeds accordingly, thus reducing noise.
SpeedFan can find almost any hardware monitor chip connected to the 2-wire SMBus (System Management Bus (trademark belonging to SMIF, Inc.), a subset of the I2C protocol) and works fine with Windows 9x, ME, NT, 2000, 2003, XP and Windows Vista. It works with Windows 64 bit too.
SpeedFan can handle:
- almost any number of South Bridges
- almost any number of hardware monitor chips
- almost any number of hard disks
- almost any number of temperature readings
- almost any number of voltage readings
- almost any number of fan speed readings
- almost any number of PWMs
- added full support for ATI RADEON video cards (including CrossFire configurations and fan control)
- completely rewritten DELL support
- DELL support is now enabled on a wider range of models
- added full support for ITE IT8772F
- added support for Fintek F71889A
- added full support for SMSC EMC2103-1 and SMSC EMC2103-2
- added support for Fintek F71869AD
- added support for Fintek F71862 at unusual addresses
- preliminary support for SMSC SCH5317
- fixed Nuvoton W83627DHG-P PWM MODE advanced settings
- fixed ASUS ATK0110 readings on several motherboards
- fixed ATK0110 support on some Asus motherboards
- enabled SMBus on Intel ICH9M-E, if needed
- added full AMD Hudson-2 SMBus support
- TACPISonySensor support is now probed on all SONYs
- fixed multiple glitches and bug related to Advanced Fan Control UI
- in Advanced Fan Control dialog, control points can be fine tuned (+1,-1,+10,-10) using the right mouse button
- SMART Fitness synthetic value now is more stringent with some specific issues, reporting 0% in some cases that require immediate attention