SeaMonkey 2.18 Beta 1
SeaMonkey is a web-browser, advanced e-mail and newsgroup client, IRC chat client, and HTML editing made simple -- all your Internet needs in one application.
- Tabbed browsing gives you a better way to surf the net. You no longer have to open one page at a time. With tabbed browsing, open several pages at once with one click. Plus, your homepage can be multiple pages, in tabs.
- Popup blocker lets you surf the web without interruption from annoying ads.
- Image Manager lets you block images to remove offensive images or speed up the rendering of web sites.
- Find as you type gives you another way to navigate a page. Just start typing to jump from link to link or to find a word or phrase within a page.
- Plus all the features a modern browser should have including: Advanced security settings; Password, Download, and Cookie managers; Themes; multi-language and multi-platform support; and, the latest in Web Standards.
- Click-to-play plugin areas have a close box now.
- WebRTC has been disabled on MacOS X for now .
- Fixed autosync not correctly detecting message offline status, resulting in poor Gmail IMAP performance.
- Special mail folder icons (Inbox, Trash etc.) were not shown for shared IMAP folders.
- Help has been updated for the redesigned Add-ons Manager.
- The MailNews filter editor can now show the actual execution order of actions.
- The Privacy & Security Preferences UI has been reworked (User Tracking and Safe Browsing preferences have been added and a Private Data sub-category has been introduced).
- First time after choosing to "Never activate plugins for this site", videos were still playing.
- User-oriented labels for Strict Transport Security have been added to the Data Manager .
- The Google search bar favicon has been updated.
- Base64-encoded attachments are now detected irrespective of the case used.
- Saving messages to disk could fail silently.
- Some dangerous file system folders are now disallowed to be used as the Local Directory for mail storage.