Scribus is a free DTP app, which gives you a useful variety of tools with which you can complete all manner of various projects. It comes packed with preloaded templates or you can create your own document from scratch.
The template options are varied and professional looking. Whether you're creating brochures, business cards, newsletters, PDF presentations or posters, you have several templates to choose from.
The interface is easy to get to grips with; simply choose a template and start working. All the main tools that you will need are efficiently arranged across the top of the doc window. There are some measurement markings on all sides of the window that enable you to check your formatting and alignment with a quick glance.
The app also comes with a lot of support options to help you get the best results from your work. There is an enthusiastic and friendly community around Scribus that assists beginner and pro alike, via the mailing list, IRC channel, wiki, contracted support, and the bug-tracker.
Overall, Scribus gives you a fluid and efficient way to create all kinds of documents. It supports professional features, such as CMYK color, spot color, separations, ICC color and robust commercial grade PDF.
* Addition of the GiveLife Color System(R) swatch palettes (www.givelifecolorsystem.com), license in the swatches directory.
* Updates to resolve small canvas interaction issues
* Corrections to both bitmap and SVG image import issues
* Addition of undo steps for path operations and page moving
* Corrections to some master page behaviour
* Fixes for text editing issues
* Enhancements to scripter
* Translation updates
* The Italian version of the help documents has been updated significantly
* Relocation of profiles and swatches to the share directory of Unix-like systems (linux, OS X, etc) to fit in with the file system recommendations