Tired of dealing with rogue software, spyware and malware?
Spent too many hours removing unsolicited software?
Worried about clicking unfamiliar Web links?
Introducing Sandboxie: Sandboxie runs your programs in an isolated space which prevents them from making permanent changes to other programs and data in your computer.
Benefits of the Isolated Sandbox
- Secure Web Browsing: Running your Web browser under the protection of Sandboxie means that all malicious software downloaded by the browser is trapped in the sandbox and can be discarded trivially.
- Enhanced Privacy: Browsing history, cookies, and cached temporary files collected while Web browsing stay in the sandbox and don't leak into Windows.
- Secure E-mail: Viruses and other malicious software that might be hiding in your email can't break out of the sandbox and can't infect your real system.
- Windows Stays Lean: Prevent wear-and-tear in Windows by installing software into an isolated sandbox.
This version is primarily a bug-fix release, fixing major and minor problems, including some security problems.
* Network shares are accessible even if not mapped to a drive letter.
* Fewer temporary files are kept in the sandbox.
* Sandboxed programs cannot change the system date/time.
* Translation to Japanese, contributed by v2y
* Translation to Polish, contributed by Barnaba.
* Resolved conflicts with third-party software Avira Anti-Virus.