Password Safe 3.24.1
Password Safe allows you to manage your old passwords and to easily and quickly generate, store, organize, retrieve, and use complex new passwords, using password policies that you control. Once stored, your user names and passwords are just a few clicks away.
Using Password Safe you can organize your passwords using your own customizable references - for example, by user ID, category, web site, or location. You can choose to store all your passwords in a single encrypted master password list (an encrypted password database), or use multiple databases to further organize your passwords (work and home, for example). And with its intuitive interface you will be up and running in minutes.
# New Features
- User can now duplicate Groups. Aliases and shortcuts referring to base entries outside this group will still point to their respective bases. Those referring to base entries within the group will then point to the new copy.
- Confirm Delete dialog for an entry now shows the entry's details.
- Advanced Dialog Options settings are saved for a session to allow re-use. The following functions use the this dialog and their settings are saved separately: Merge, Compare, Export to Text, Export to XML, Synchronize and Find Toolbar.
- Add "Add Group" to Toolbar.
- Add "Add New Entry" menu item to additional context menus.
- Online help is now available in Spanish.
# Bugs fixed
- Crash in 3.24 fixed.
- Can now change number of databases remembered independently of the value of the number of last used entries remembered in System Tray menu.
- When database is locked, clipboard is cleared and the hotkey works.
- PasswordSafe now remembers the selected entry on Lock After Idle.
- Uninstall fails gracefully when invoked with pwsafe running.
- Dialogs are now correctly closed if open when the workstation locks (with preference "Lock password database on workstation lock" set), enabling the application to be opened again.
- Groups list in Add/Edit dialog box no longer "remembers" groups from previously opened database.
- Hexadecimal password policy now correctly saved.
- Spanish translations for installer and application updated.