Panda Free Antivirus 1.3.0
The new Panda Free Antivirus provides the easiest-to-use and most intuitive protection for your computer. Install it and forget about viruses, spyware, root-kits, hackers and online fraud. Panda Free Antivirus will make the best decisions for you to keep your PC protected.
Panda Free Antivirus provides essential protection against spyware, phishing (online fraud), root-kits (stealth techniques) and banker Trojans. Real-time protection provides you with complete protection against known and unknown viruses. Chat, share photos and videos, shop online, read your favorite blogs or simply browse the Web with complete peace of mind and without interruption.
- Key Features Include:
- Real-time Antivirus & Anti-spyware.
- Behavioral analysis protection.
- Process Monitor.
- URL & web filtering.
Thanks to its new real-time protection technology, the new Panda Free Antivirus is safer, faster and more complete than ever before.
Panda Security's technologies provide an intelligent protection system that is based upon a user community where everyone contributes. Your computer will always be up-to-date and protected. Additionally, your PC won't restrict the detection power as Panda's huge virus detection database is located on the Internet (the cloud).
Panda Free Antivirus lets you enjoy a new, more modern and intuitive user experience, and you don't have to be an expert to use it. Panda Free Antivirus does everything for you. Install it and forget about viruses and other threats.
# Main new features -
* Malicious Web & URL Filtering - This feature blocks websites that push malware, exploits and drive-by downloads. It is available both in Free and in Pro Editions and is installed by the toolbar. Unlike similar solutions, this web filtering works at a low level so it works under all browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, etc. For those of you that didn’t install the toolbar but would like to install the Web & URL Filtering, you can download it from here and install it manually.
* Unified Recycle Bin and Quarantine - Previously the Recycle Bin handled suspicious detections and the Quarantine handled deleted malware detections. This has been unified into a new Recycle Bin for ease of management. This is included in both Free and Pro Editions.
* Automatic and transparent upgrades to new product versions - previously only available in the Pro Edition, this is now available in the Free Edition as well. All users of Free Editions versions 1.1.0, 1.1.1 and 1.1.2 will automatically and transparently upgrade to the new 1.3. See notes below for the upgrade schedule.
* No more nagging advertising - After listening to many of you we have decided to turn off the nagging advertising popups prompting to upgrade to Pro Edition. If you want to support Panda Cloud Antivirus and wish to get the Pro Edition, you can do so from here, but we won’t bug you anymore from the popups.
* Hot updating of behavioral blocking rules - In order to increase protection on the fly against new vulnerabilities and attacks and to fix false positives, hot updating of behavioural blocking rules allows faster response time in both the Free and Pro Editions.
* Immediate notifications of virus detections - Previously if Panda Cloud Antivirus encountered multiple viruses, it would delay its traybar notification and show them grouped. This behaviour has been changed so that the notifications are shown immediately.
* Suspicious detection counter - Under the statistics window there’s some new counters for the different types of heuristics and behavioural detections.
* New versioning format - Unified versioning format in GUI and other parts of the program.
# Many bugfixes :
– Fixed issue with Windows 7 Start menu slow-down.
– Fixed Panda traybar icon disappearing.
– Fixed “you are not connected to the Internet” message when there is connection.
– Fixed issue when Free Edition users can activate behavioural analysis.
– Fixed slow-down and conflicts while playing Allods Online and AION.
– Fixed cloud-response time configuration which defaults to 30 seconds.
– Fixed constant accesses to the floppy disk drive.
– Fixed BSOD issue after install.
– Fixed bug while exporting an empty report to TXT/CSV.
– Fixed Conficker detection.
– Fixed BSOD while compressing malicious PDFs.
– Fixed translation errors.