Paint.NET 3.0 Beta 3
Paint.NET is free image and photo manipulation application for the Windows platform. Every feature of Paint.NET, including the user interface, was designed to be immediately intuitive and easy to learn without assistance.
Key Features Include:
- Special effects tools include: blurring, sharpening, red-eye removal, distortion, noise and embossing.
- 3D Rotate/Zoom effects make it very easy to add perspective and tilting.
- Image manipulation tools include: brightness, contrast, hue, saturation, curves, and levels. You can also convert an image to black and white, or sepia.
In order to navigate multiple images easily, Paint.NET uses a tabbed document interface. The tabs display a live thumbnail of the image instead of a text description.
Paint.NET uses a layers system to form the basis for rich image composition. Layers are likened to a stack of transparency slides that, when viewed together at the same time, form an image.
- More complete translations, especially for German
- Fixed: All known high-DPI scaling and layout issues. The UI should work great at 96, 120, 144, and 196 DPI screen resolution settings
- Fixed: Some toolbar layout issues
- Fixed: Thumbnail renderer had a race condition in its renderer thread which prevented proper shutdown in a few rare cases
- Fixed: Crash when shutting down the system
- Fixed: View->Grid did not work right
- Fixed: History and rendering problems when typing text with the Text tool and then using Image->Flip
- Fixed: Some selection text reporting a "0 x 0" selection when it shouldn't have been
- Miscellaneous tweaks and fixes