Apache OpenOffice 4.1.2
Apache OpenOffice is the leading open-source office software suite for word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics and databases. The application is available in many languages and works on all common computers.
Apache OpenOffice is the result of over twenty years' software engineering. Designed from the start as a single piece of software, it has a consistency other products cannot match. A completely open development process means that anyone can report bugs, request new features, or enhance the software.
Easy to use
Apache OpenOffice is easy to learn, and if you're already using another office software package, you'll take to it straight away. The world-wide native-language community means that Apache OpenOffice is probably available and supported in your own language.
Best of all, Apache OpenOffice can be downloaded and used entirely free of any licence fees. Apache OpenOffice is released under the LGPL licence. This means you may use it for any purpose - domestic, commercial, educational, public administration.
Note: As of April 2011, commercial development of OpenOffice.org project has been terminated. The code was contributed to the Apache Software Foundation, where volunteers continue to develop it. LibreOffice, a fork of OpenOffice is now available for download here.
# Improvements include:
- Bug fixes in Writer, Calc, Impress/Draw, Base.
- Better WebDAV and file locking support: OpenOffice is now able to properly interact with Microsoft Sharepoint. These enhancements were funded, and contributed upstream, by the Emilia-Romagna regional administration (Italy), where OpenOffice was adopted a few years ago.
- Redesign of the PDF export dialog for better usability on small laptop screens.
- Updates of underlying libraries, for better performance and increased security.
- Security vulnerability fixes,