Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
Notepad++ v5.1.1 fixed bugs (from v5.1) :
1. Fix Unicode version display Korean/Japanese language problem.
2. Fix bug : Open in new instance not allowing spaces in paths.
3. Fix "Global Styles" string incorrectly displayed in Unicode version.
4. Fix filters for open/save dialog not showing or incorrectly (showing 'L').
5. Fix calltip argument with 'L' leader character bug.
6. Fix tab control draw bug.