Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
1. Fix brace highlighting breaking issue and related performance problem.
2. Add new encodings in the shortcuts map.
3. Remove annoying encoding issue warning dialogs.
4. Enhance Html encoding auto-detection.
5. Fix case-insensitive searching bug for non-ascii characters (for example some characters in French and Cyrillic letters).
6. Add find result commands in the menu.
7. Add DOS CodePage : CP437, CP737, CP850, CP852, CP855, CP857, CP858, CP860, CP861, CP863, CP865, CP866 and CP869.
8. Fix localization combo box unselected in preference dialog bug after startup (when a localization file is in use).