Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
1. Add localization on run time feature : Change language on the run time for Unicode version (via preferences dialog).
2. Add the ability to force opened ANSI document as UTF-8 w/o BOM.
3. Fix verbose backup bug (while the backup dir is not set).
4. Fix bug that external lexer doesn't work with Unicode version.
5. Fix recent files list bug.
6. Include a help content file.
7. Add new plugin notification message NPPN_WORDSTYLESUPDATED.
8. Add 2 plugin messages for shortcut feature : NPPN_SHORTCUTREMAPPED notification and NPPM_GETSHORTCUTBYCMDID message.