Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
New features/enhancements & bug-fixes:
Add DSpellCheck plugin into distribution.
Add version and other info into installer.
Fix an issue while installing a x64 version, x86 version (if it exists) is not removed - and vice versa.
Fix display glitch of certificate checking error message.
Remove unused/empty entries from shortcut mapper.
Add BaanC function list feature.
Add batch auto-completion into installer.
NppExport v0.2.8 (32-bit x86 only).
Mime Tool 2.1.
Updater (Installer only):