Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
Fix some excluded language cannot be remembered bug.
Fix a localization regression bug.
Fix the bug that Notepad++ create "%APPDATA%\local\notepad++" folder in local conf mode.
Add Visual Prolog language support.
Add auto-completion support for batch file (*.bat).
Enhance Shortcut Mapper by adding category column.
Make double click work for language menu disabling/enabling in preferences dialog.
Make double click work to improve file extension movement in Preferences dialog.
Fix bug: language menu item is restored back on the wrong zone.
Add a spiritual quote.