Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
- Fix x64 crash on macro recording.
- Fix x64 crash on new language dialog of UDL.
- Check plugin architecture (32-bit or 64-bit) before loading.
- Enhance Smart Highlighting feature: 1. match case 2. whole word only 3. use find dialog settings for both.
- Fix poor performance of hex XML entities.
- Reshow CallTip text on separator character.
- Skip Auto-Complete self-closing HTML tags (<br>, <base>, <track>... etc).
- Fix 2 UI issues for RTL layout.
- Fix Folder as Workspace toolbar button inconsist behaviour.
- Add option to skip word completion on numbers (default: ON).
- Fix bookmarks toggled off's bug.
- Sort plugin menu by plugin name.
- Installer: Add 64-bit/32-bit old install detection, and old installation removal ability.
- Installer: Ask user for keeping user data during uninstallation.
- Installer: Fix uninstaller bug to not remove themes files from APPDATA.