Notepad++ is a free source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL Licence.
Based on a powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
- Syntax Highlighting and Syntax Folding
- User Defined Syntax Highlighting
- Regular Expression Search/Replace supported
- Full Drag 'N' Drop supported
- Dynamic position of Views
- File Status Auto-detection
- Zoom in and zoom out
- Multi-Language environment supported
- Brace and Indent guideline Highlighting
- Macro recording and playback
# Bug fix:
* Fix a crash issue (regression).
# New features and bug fixes:
* Display the error/result in the new added statusbar of Find/Replace dialog instead in popup dialogs.
* Add delimiter select by ctrl+Double click feature.
* Add set begin position feature for selection.
* Fix fold all command bug (which folds partially).
* Fix opening the same file twice due to its different path (for example symbol link).
* Fix deleting macro from macro menu crash issue.
* Fix the bug of Window position not saved/restored properly.
* Fix small window size problem due to closing Notepad++ in icon state (reduced in the taskbar) on the last session.
* Enhance Block comment: remove 1024 bytes limit.
* Fix a detection error of UTF16 file from a binary file.
* Enhance the performance of switching files if folding is applied.
* Fix macro problem: Find functionality doesn't work in "Run a Macro Multiple Times".
* Enhance the performance while double clicking on a very long word.
* Enhance TAB/Space conversion: UTF8 support and preserving the current state.
* Change the Preferences dialog's UI (List interface instead of tab interface).