mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions.
It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
mIRC also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications to playing games.
mIRC has been in development for over a decade and is constantly being improved and updated with new technologies.
* Added STARTTLS support using the CAP tls protocol.
* Fixed switchbar/treebar display bug that caused windows to be displayed in the wrong order.
* Added Shift-F3 key support in Scripts Editor to search backwards through text.
* Fixed timezone/daylight savings bug that was affecting timestamping and time/date identifiers.
* Changed $sound() to use the TagLib library for improved reading of MP3 and other media file formats.
* Updated the default DCC accept and ignore file types lists.
* Changed $input() to allow entering of longer text and limiting text entry to maximum length.
* Fixed DCC Get window not being updated when a resume begins.
* Fixed DCC Chat speech bug that caused text in a DCC Chat window not to be spoken.
* Added $envvar(N/name) identifier with .name and .value properties to return environment variables.
* Changed /server to search servers list using combination of server address, group, and description.
* Updated libraries to PCRE v8.36 and OpenSSL 1.0.1j.
* Other changes and bug fixes.