mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions.
It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
mIRC also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications to playing games.
mIRC has been in development for over a decade and is constantly being improved and updated with new technologies.
* The identd server issue that prevented identd from working correctly in some situations has been fixed.
* The /window -a command now correctly sets the focus for maximized windows.
* The time-out check that monitors the server connection has been changed so as to decrease the number of 10053 disconnection errors.
* The $findfilen/$finddirn identifiers now return the correct results for large numbers of files and folders.
* The SSL certificate validation issue that resulted in validation errors when connecting to a secure server should now be resolved.
* Other changes and bug fixes.