mIRC is a full featured Internet Relay Chat client for Windows that can be used to communicate, share, play or work with others on IRC networks around the world, either in multi-user group conferences or in one-to-one private discussions.
It has a clean, practical interface that is highly configurable and supports features such as buddy lists, file transfers, multi-server connections, SSL encryption, proxy support, UTF-8 display, customizable sounds, spoken messages, tray notifications, message logging, and more.
mIRC also has a powerful scripting language that can be used both to automate mIRC and to create applications that perform a wide range of functions from network communications to playing games.
mIRC has been in development for over a decade and is constantly being improved and updated with new technologies.
- Added $calc() // floor divide operator.
- Fixed MDI window transparency bug under Windows 8.
- Fixed file handling bug that would have caused settings to be reset if there was a drive error.
- Fixed connection timeout not being applied while a STARTTLS handshake is in progress.
- Reverted Channels List window change so that modes are included in the listing again.
- Fixed MDI windows not maximizing fully to the right in some situations.
- Fixed Log and Buffer submenus in window system menus not being set correctly.
- Fixed confirm exit dialog bug that was not detecting if DCC gets were in progress.
- Extended SSL support to allow connecting to SNI servers.
- Fixed log reload bug that caused logs not to be reloaded before the start of a new year.
- Fixed while loop bugs relating to multiple nested while loop combinations.
- Fixed log viewer bug that caused it to freeze during a search.
- Other changes and bug fixes.