Macrium Reflect 5.1.5396
A complete disaster recovery solution for your home and office. Protect your personal documents, photos, music and emails. Upgrade your hard disk or try new operating systems in the safe knowledge that everything is securely saved in an easily recovered backup file.
- Don't compromise your data integrity with second best
Macrium Reflect uses leading data compression techniques to create accurate and reliable images of your hard disk or partitions on your disk.
- Simple step by step operation
Image and Restore using intuitive wizards and interfaces. Macrium Reflect integrates fully with Windows Explorer, a partition image can be created with a simple right click.
- Automate the process
With Macrium Reflect you can schedule Images to run at any time. Disk space management ensures that you optimize the available space on external drives.
- Restore individual files and folders
Create a 'Virtual' drive in Windows Explorer and recover selected files and directories using simple copy and paste operations.
In the event of a total loss of the Windows operating system your PC can be started using the Reflect recovery CD.
Please note that beginning with version 5.2.6544 we are providing the Macrium Installer, which will automatically download the correct version for your PC. It will also download any necessary Windows components for you.
You can get more information about this installer on the Macrium knowledge base.
# Release notes menu option
* Release notes menu option now added to the 'Help' menu for free edition users.
# Additional Install Option
* The full installer now has a separate option to install the Windows PE boot menu. Only applies to keys purchased with full Windows PE support (prior to Nov 2012).
# Update for UEFI systems
* Fix Boot Problems now handles multiple EFI partitions on multiple disks. You can now choose which disk to boot from and update the EFI Boot Configuration Data (BCD).
# Improved GPT disk and partition GUID handling
* For GPT full disk clones and restores. Now uses the same Disk GUID as source and maintains the same Partition GUID where possible.
# CD/DVD Engine Logging
* New troubleshooting option in the application defaults to log CD/DVD engine activities.
# Bug fixes:
* 'Fix boot problems' error for EFI/GPT systems
- Update to resolve problem rebuilding the BCD when no drive 'C' can be found in Windows PE.
* 'Fix boot problems' error for Windows 8 systems
- Update to correctly identify Windows 8 partitions.
* Crash when loading disks
- If a Linux EXT2/3/4 file system has a volume label of 16 characters then this could cause a program error. This has been resolved.
* XP boot menu problem
- When uninstalling Reflect the boot menu could remain in Windows XP. This has been resolved.
* BitLocker encrypted drives crash
- Some customers have experienced a program error when loading BitLocker encrypted disks. This has been resolved.
* Crash when checking for updates
- The software could crash if the update checker received an invalid response from the update server. This has been resolved.
* Crash when cloning
- A program error could occur when cloning a GPT disk to non-GPT disk and non-standard data is found in track 0. This has been resolved.