The KMPlayer is a versatile media player which can cover various types of container format such as VCD, DVD, AVI, MKV, Ogg Theora, OGM, 3GP, MPEG-1/2/4, WMV, RealMedia, and QuickTime among others. It handles a wide range of subtitles and allows you to capture audio, video, and screenshots in many ways.
The player provides both internal and external filters with a fully controlled environment in terms of connections to other splitters, decoders, audio/video transform filters and renderers without grappling with the DirectShow merit system. Internal filters are not registered to user's system to keep it from being messed up with system filters.
In December 2008 KMPlayer was bought by Pandora.tv, and continues to be made available as freeware.
- Added Sound renderer select function by monitors.
- Added thumbnail extraction function from MP3 file.
- Added inspection check logics for Load File.
- Security Patch for DLL attacks.
- Fixed crash error for codec packs installed PC.
- Updated MediaInfo.
- Adjusted “Frame rate” of OSD frame information.
- Changed “Default media player” setting pop up window.