The K-Lite Mega Codec Pack is a collection of DirectShow filters, VFW/ACM codecs and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding audio and video formats. The K-Lite Mega Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your audio and movie files.
The K-Lite Mega Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
- It is updated frequently. So it is always up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
- All components have been carefully selected for specific purposes. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
- It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
- The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to install just those components that you really want.
- The customization abilities go beyond the component level. Some components are able to handle multiple formats. You can specify exactly which components should handle which formats. The pack can thus be fully tweaked to your own specific needs and preferences.
- Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys.
- It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
- It does not contain any bad, buggy or unstable codecs.
With the K-Lite Mega Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.
Updated MPC-HC to version 22.214.171.124
Updated Codec Tweak Tool to version 6.3.5
Changed the order of items in the component list.
If you use unattended installation, you should generate a fresh INI file (using /unattended command-line switch)
Added file association options for MPC-HC for .dff/.dsf audio files. Playback of such files requires using the internal audio renderer of MPC-HC (due to high audio sample rate in such files).