K-Lite Codec Pack Full 3.62
The K-Lite Codec Pack is a collection of DirectShow filters, VFW/ACM codecs and tools. Codecs and DirectShow filters are needed for encoding and decoding audio and video formats. The K-Lite Codec Pack is designed as a user-friendly solution for playing all your audio and movie files.
The K-Lite Codec Pack has a couple of major advantages compared to other codec packs:
- It is updated frequently. So it is always up-to-date with the newest and/or best components.
- All components have been carefully selected for specific purposes. It is not just a random bunch of stuff thrown together.
- It is very user-friendly and easy to use.
- The installation is fully customizable, meaning that you are able to install just those components that you really want.
- The customization abilities go beyond the component level. Some components are able to handle multiple formats. You can specify exactly which components should handle which formats. The pack can thus be fully tweaked to your own specific needs and preferences.
- Uninstallation removes everything that was installed by the pack. Including all registry keys.
- It is extremely easy to make a fully customized unattended installation with the integrated wizard.
- It does not contain any bad, buggy or unstable codecs.
With the K-Lite Codec Pack you should be able to play all the popular audio and video formats and even several less common formats.
* Updated ffdshow to revision 1714
* Updated Cyberlink MPEG-2 decoder to version 126.96.36.1996
* Updated DivX to version 6.8.0
* Updated madFLAC to version 1.5
* Updated Media Player Classic
* Updated FLV splitter
* Added option to use the DivX filter for decoding Xvid video
* Fixed "Reset to recommended settings" shortcut
* Now installs an older version of Haali Media Splitter on Windows 2000 because the latest version is incompatible with win2k
* No longer installs Indeo Audio Codec (iac25_32.ax) on Vista. It is incompatible with some programs
* Gabest MPEG splitter is no longer installed by default on Vista because the buggy Windows Explorer doesn't like this filter
* Enabled error message display for Haali Media Splitter
* The ffdshow whitelist is now enabled by default
* Minor changes