Java Runtime Environment 22.214.171.124
Java software allows you to run applications called "applets" that are written in the Java programming language. These applets allow you to have a much richer experience online than simply interacting with static HTML pages.
Java Plug-in technology, included as part of the Java 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (JRE), establishes a connection between popular browsers and the Java platform. Java allows applications to be downloaded over a network and run within a guarded sandbox. Security restrictions are easily imposed on the sandbox.
Many cross platform applications also require Java to operate properly.
* New JVM (Java HotSpot Virtual Machine, version 22) that improves reliability and performance
* Support for Oracle Solaris 11
* Support for Firefox 5 and later
* JavaFX is included with Java SE
* Demos and Samples in a Separate Bundle
* Deployment Updates
This release introduces the following improvements for web-deployed applications:
- Non-blocking installation of JRE and JavaFX using Deployment Toolkit
- Reduced footprint of signed JAR files
- Caching certificate details in the JNLP file for signed applications
- Caching enabled by default
- Embedded JNLP support for Web Start
- Ability to pass secure JVM arguments to the Web Start application from inside the web page using Deployment Toolkit
- Improvements for handling content with gzip encoding
- Improved support for JNLP applications
- Startup improvements
- New setting, Insecure JRE versions, in Java Control Panel
* Bug Fixes
- The Java 7 compiler used to erroneously accept the diamond operator in array initializer expressions.
- Public key certificates containing Elliptic Curve Cryptography (ECC) keys are parsed correctly by the SunPKCS11 JCE security provider on Solaris 11