Java Runtime Environment 22.214.171.124
Java software allows you to run applications called "applets" that are written in the Java programming language. These applets allow you to have a much richer experience online than simply interacting with static HTML pages.
Java Plug-in technology, included as part of the Java 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition (JRE), establishes a connection between popular browsers and the Java platform. Java allows applications to be downloaded over a network and run within a guarded sandbox. Security restrictions are easily imposed on the sandbox.
Many cross platform applications also require Java to operate properly.
# New Features and Changes
* Protections Against Unauthorized Redistribution of Java Applications
* Restore Security Prompts
- A new button is available in the Java Control Panel (JCP) to clear previously remembered trust decisions.
* JAXP Changes
- New processing limits are added to the JAXP FEATURE_SECURE_PROCESSING feature
* TimeZone.setDefault Change
# Bug Fixes
* This release contains fixes for security vulnerabilities.