iTunes’ legacy as one of the most popular and successful programs out there truly speaks for itself. This free application for Mac and PC plays all of your digital music and video, but it also does so much more.
This full-featured mp3 player/organiser was originally made by Apple and is now available for Windows users too. It allows you to organise your music, TV shows, movies and apps in a way like never before.Key features include:
- Organise your music into playlists.
- Record compact discs.
- Edit file information.
- Purchase music and videos on the Internet through the built in iTunes store.
- Shuffle function
- Run a visualiser to display graphical effects in time to the music.
- Copy files to an iPod or other digital audio player.
- Encode music into a number of different audio formats.
iTunes provides an ideal opportunity to follow your favourite artists, and friends, to find out what their music preferences and latest updates are. Your entire media collection is only a click away with iTunes. Those born after its inception will never know the pains of rummaging through scores of CDs, or cassettes!
This gem is also the perfect partner for your iPod or iPhone. You can sync both with iTunes in a speedy, seamless and simple way, thanks to built-in Auto-Sync. This will mean that you will always have the latest tunes with you wherever you go.
Worried about organising it all? Don’t be. You can create and edit your own playlists with iTunes. Its search facilities are also impressive. Want a hard copy? iTunes will allow you to create and burn your own CDs too, as well as help you create CD jewel inserts using album art.
The latest versions of iTunes also include a video player organiser, which comes with a wealth of features. You can now watch your favourite shows, movies or even your own content too.
Overall, iTunes remains one of the most must-have applications out there. When you’re setting up your new PC, Mac or device, the chances are that this will be one of the first things on your download list. It’s never been so easy to find, organise and listen to good music – and iTunes is one of the main reasons why.
# This update includes many design and performance improvements that make iTunes easier and more enjoyable to use.
* Family Sharing. You can now share your purchases from iTunes, iBooks, and the App Store with up to six people in your family — without sharing accounts or passwords. To start sharing, setup your iCloud Family by choosing iCloud in System Preferences on OS X Yosemite or Settings on iOS 8.
* Faster access to all of your favorite media. iTunes now includes dedicated icons for music, movies, or TV shows, which make it easier to get to wherever you want to go in your library with a single click.
* Seamless browsing between Store and library. The iTunes Store is now a part of the music, movies, or TV shows views of your library — making it simple to jump between your personal collection and what’s new for each category in the Store.
* Recently Added. iTunes puts recently added albums, movies, or TV shows at the top of your library — making it effortless to find something new to play.
* Improved playlist editing. You can now see your full music library and playlists side-by-side, making it easy to browse your music and drag your favorite songs into any playlist.
* Improved Get Info. The all-new Get Info has been completely redesigned to focus your attention only on what’s necessary for the selected item.