Fences is a program that helps you organize your desktop, and can hide your icons when they're not in use. A "Fence", a term coined by this program, is an icon group on your desktop. Fences is an add-on to your desktop, not a replacement.
- Rope off your desktop
Fences allows you to create shaded areas on your desktop that you can place icons in. You can label them however you wish, and move/resize them anywhere on the desktop. Pre-included layouts help speed the process for new users.
- See your wallpaper again! Quickly hide & show all your icons with an easy double-click
Double click blank space on your desktop, and all your icons will fade out. Double click again, and theyâ€™ll return. We think this feature is so useful and unique, that weâ€™ve applied for a patent on it. You can even pick icons and individual Fences to exclude!
No longer free since v2.00
- Added allowing users to choose between rounded and 90 degree angle corner edges in the Fences config (defaulted by OS)
- Added prompt for email at trial activation
- Re-enabled touch features. This includes using two fingers to switch between desktop pages (enabled by default) and the ability to "flick" icons into fences (disabled by default). Both are options in the settings, on the "Desktop Pages" and "Layout and snapping" tabs respectively.
- Fixed Fences not showing on desktop/exist offscreen, out of res bounds
- Fixed Fence shifting icons into hidden third column
- Fixed show my desktop issue reactivated with information
- Fixed issue with Folder portals and visibility
- Fixed issue with name based rules and right click
- Fixed issue with bottomed aligned secondary monitors causes off-set Portal Fences
- Fixed a crash issue that has been haunting support where a target folder location had been changed
- Fixed issue with config UI blanking out
- Fixed issue with Fences not showing on desktop when they existed offscreen, out of the screen resolution
- Fixed issue with new files defaulting to the second monitor
- Fixed issue with the show desktop button in Windows when an active modal window was displaying in Fences
- Fixed issue with being unable to drag desktop pages when the taskbar was on the left or right
- Fixed issue with excluding icons from quickhide (like .website)
- Fixed issue when folder portal opacity was set to 0%
- Fixed where rules weren't sticking if assigned through right-click/...
- Removed Fences as a Control Panel item (kept causing problems)