ScamWatch combats "phishing" schemes that use disguised URL's to gather personal information. Eudora now detects if the URL in the link differs suspiciously from the host name and warns you to exercise caution before making the connection.
Version 8 is now open source and based on Thunderbird. The project's intention was to join the EudoraÂ® user experience with the Mozilla platform. The developers intended to produce a version of Eudora, which is open source and based on Mozilla and Thunderbird. It's *not* their intention to compete with Thunderbird; rather, they wanted to complement it. As such, the team at Eudora are committed to preserving the Eudora experience and also maintaining maximum compatibility with Thunderbird. The overall goal is to continue to build around a single development community for Thunderbird and Eudora.
Includes Penelope version 0.5a3.
Using Thunderbird 3.0b2 source code.
- Better way to remember the states of the folder and thread panes when
switching between message and mailbox tabs.
- Added the pref "penelope.attachments.detachOnDblClick" which controls whether
double-clicking on attachments detaches them from the message or just opens
them. It is on (true) by default. There's UI for it in the Penelope
- When pref for opening mailboxes in tabs is turned on, auto-open of mailboxes
will detect if the mailbox is already open in a tab and not open a new copy.
- Fixed bug where messages opened in tabs would not show the correct content if
the message pane was hidden in the folder view.
- Fixed the "important" tag from randomly appearing. This bug may still occur
to messages downloaded with Eudora 8 beta 5 or earlier. All messages
downloaded with Eudora 8 beta 6 or later should not see this problem.
- The Layout submenu in the View menu is now shown.
- Default pref to not show the about:rights notification bar.
- Changed the Archive menu item to use Ctrl/Cmd+
instead of the plain "A" that Thunderbird uses.
- Now preventing auto-marked-as-read behavior when a message gets auto-selected
when switching tabs.
- Incorporated Add New Toolbar functionality in Formatting tab of the
Customize Toolbar dialog.
- Removed special toolbar items (separators, spaces, springs/flexible spaces)
from the Extras panel.
- Fixed bug where in a new installation you customize the toolbar and then hit
Cancel and the text on the toolbar buttons shows up.
- Customize Toolbar dialog now repositions when the toolbar changes.
- Fixed the auto-name filter feature when matching against tags.
- Fixed bug where attachments were not getting imported from Classic Mac Eudora.
- IMAP messages were getting expunged when they should not have.
- Longer line length for IMAP logging.
- Use of cmd+M to do a mail check improved.
- The pref directory for auto-saving attachments is now working.
- By default attachments are saved to the pref directory rather than asking for
a directory each time.
- Fixed some menu item conflicts which caused the Paste As Quotation menu item
to disappear from the Edit menu of composition windows. May also be the cause
of this bug:
- Removed phantom menu item in the Tools menu caused by id change.