Eudora 8.0.0 Beta 3
ScamWatch combats "phishing" schemes that use disguised URL's to gather personal information. Eudora now detects if the URL in the link differs suspiciously from the host name and warns you to exercise caution before making the connection.
Version 8 is now open source and based on Thunderbird. The project's intention was to join the EudoraÂ® user experience with the Mozilla platform. The developers intended to produce a version of Eudora, which is open source and based on Mozilla and Thunderbird. It's *not* their intention to compete with Thunderbird; rather, they wanted to complement it. As such, the team at Eudora are committed to preserving the Eudora experience and also maintaining maximum compatibility with Thunderbird. The overall goal is to continue to build around a single development community for Thunderbird and Eudora.
CHANGES IN 8.0.0b3
Includes Penelope version 0.1a22.
Using Thunderbird 3.0a1pre trunk code as of 2007/10/19:
- A Linux version of Eudora is now available!
- If you select a minimum amount of text before replying to a message, the
reply will only quote the selected text.
- Mac OS X address book integration turned on by default.
- Importing mailboxes from Classic Mac Eudora is greatly improved.
- When importing filters from Classic Eudora, filter actions which are not
currently supported in Thunderbird are preserved so that when they are
supported in future versions of Thunderbird they will be available to the
- When importing Eudora settings, more settings are mapped to
corresponding Mozilla settings. All Eudora settings are stored for future
interpretation without re-importing.
- Fixed bug where Windows Eudora importing would not prompt user for
correct location of data when data is not found.
- Fixed logic reversal bug that caused both Mac and Windows Eudora
address book importing to fail.
- Fixes for a variety of problems with unified who column. Local
mailboxes now compare against all POP accounts. Cross-folder views
(e.g., saved searches) now correctly determine the folder for the messages.
The search dialog results panel now follows the useWhoColumn pref.