ESET Smart Security 32-bit 6.0.306.0
ESET Smart Security is a security suite for your PC including the following solutions: Anti-Virus, Anti-Spyware, Anti-Rootkit, Anti-Spam, Anti-Theft, Firewall, Parental Control, and Web and Email protection. ESET Smart Security ranks among the leaders in virus, trojan and spyware detection and deletion. It's very fast and uses less system resources than most competitors.
ESET Smart Security utilizes heuristics and a cloud-based file reputation system to detect the newest threads. It's Anti-Theft feature allows you to track a stolen laptop on a map, view the thief via your laptop’s webcam (if it has one) and lock it with a password.
* ESET Anti-Theft
- ESET Anti-Theft is a new feature in ESET Smart Security 6 that expands user-level security in the case of a lost or stolen computer. Once users install ESET Smart Security and enable ESET Anti-Theft, their device will be listed in the web interface. The web interface allows users to manage their ESET Anti-Theft configuration and perform actions such as switching computers to the missing state. To access the web interface, users need to create an ESET web account (email and password).
* Improved firewall intrusion detection system (IDS)
- ESET Smart Security version 6 features more advanced filtering options to detect various types of attacks and vulnerabilities that can be carried out against your computer.
* Rollback previous virus signature database
- If you suspect that a virus signature database or product module update may be unstable or corrupt, you can roll back to the previous version and disable updates for a set period of time.
* Improved Anti-Phishing protection
- ESET NOD32 Antivirus will display a warning notification with several options when a web browser attempts to access websites or domains catalogued in the ESET malware database.
* Regular full scan
- For increased security, ESET NOD32 Antivirus version 6 can regularly perform a full scan of your computer during idle time. The scan is optimized not to run when the computer is operating on battery power. Regular full scans help detect inactive threats on the computer and improve ESET cloud information about known and unknown threats or files.
* Scanning improvements of downloaded files
- In previous versions, files downloaded from the internet were scanned by ESET only after they were completely downloaded. ESET NOD32 Antivirus version 6 scans specific file types (e.g. archives) during the download process so that the user does not have to wait until after the download process for files to be scanned.
* Unified application notifications
- The design and layout of all notification windows has been unified across version 6.