Digsby Beta (build 87)
Digsby provides you with IM, email and Social networks in one easy to use application.
Instant Messaging - Digsby is a multiprotocol IM client that lets you chat with all your friends on AIM, MSN, Yahoo, ICQ, Google Talk, and Jabber with one simple to manage buddy list.
Email Notifications - Digsby is an email notification tool that alerts you of new email and lets you perform actions such as 'Delete' or 'Report Spam' with just one click.
Social Networking - Digsby is a social networking tool that alerts you of events like new messages and gives you a live Newsfeed of what your friends are up to.
Version 38 onwards is a stub installer that includes numerous toolbars etc., we recommend you do not install these.
# Major Changes
* Facebook Notifications: We've added support for Facebook Notifications including popup alerts for new notifications and the ability to view the full list of notifications within the Facebook newsfeed
* New Ad Options: You can now change the placement of the ads inside the IM window (top/bottom/left/right) and you can also disable Flash ads if they cause performance issues or the animation is bothersome (Preferences > Conversations)
* New Load Balancers: We redesigned the server load balancers to better distribute logins during mass reconnects so we can scale more efficiently for our growing user base
* Crash Fixes: We took some time to hunt down and fix some of the most common crash causing bugs
# Bug Fixes
* Fixed a bug that caused ICQ group chats to misinterpret unicode messages
* Fixed a bug that caused tabs to keep opening in your web browser if a firewall is blocking Digsby ads
* Fixed a bug that caused the IM window to lose track of a buddy's status if your account disconnects and reconnects mid-conversation
* Fixed a bug that caused Digsby to not play a notification sound for incoming group chat invites
* Fixed a bug that caused buddy icons to not show in group chats with Jabber/Gtalk buddies
* Fixed a bug that caused the Facebook newsfeed to not show your own last status at the top
* Fixed a bug that made it possible to rearrange email and social network accounts on the buddy list accidentally
* Fixed a bug that caused the input area in the IM window to start larger than it should in some cases for new IM windows
* Fixed a bug that caused failed or cancelled Yahoo file transfers to show as completed
* Fixed a bug that caused Twitter to get stuck after coming back from hibernate in some cases
* Fixed a bug that caused sounds not to play for Group Chat Invites
* Fixed a bug that caused ICQ privacy lists not to show if unicode names somehow made it on to them
* Fixed a bug that caused the now playing status to get stuck in some rare cases
* Fixed a bug that caused Twitter to get stuck reconnecting in some cases
* Fixed a bug that caused AIM privacy changes to not show if you re-open the Preferences window after changing them
* Fixed a bug that caused plugins to stop loading if one of them fails to load for some reason
* Fixed a bug that made it possible to open more than one bug reporter dialog at a time
* Digsby will now notify you of incoming video chat requests instead of ignoring them on AIM, ICQ, and Gtalk (we're working on implementing this for Yahoo + MSN now)
* Proxy settings can now be accessed via Preferences instead of just at the login screen
* You can now log in to ICQ accounts using either your ICQ number or your email address in the user name field
* The To/From dropdowns of the IM window will now use Facebook names instead of user ID numbers
* Warn ICQ users if they try to type a password that is longer than 8 characters (ICQ password limit)
* Better handling of Twitter API erroneous data errors
* Updated spell check dictionaries
* Small optimization for loading the Preferences window