Beyond Compare 4.0.0 Beta 17887
Beyond Compare 3 is the ideal tool for comparing files and folders on your Windows system. Visualize changes in your code and carefully reconcile them.
- Compare Files, Folders
Beyond Compare allows you to quickly and easily compare your files and folders. By using simple, powerful commands you can focus on the differences you're interested in and ignore those you're not. You can then merge the changes, synchronize your files, and generate reports for your records.
- Specialized Viewers
Beyond Compare includes built-in comparison viewers for a variety of data types. Compare .csv data or HTML tables in a Data Compare session, or images in a Picture Compare session.
- 3-way Merge
Beyond Compare's new merge view allows you to combine changes from two versions of a file into a single output. Its intelligent approach allows you to quickly accept most changes while carefully examining conflicts.
- Synchronize Folders
Beyond Compare's intuitive Folder Sync interface lets you reconcile differences in your data automatically.
# Notable changes
* Windows: Added support for portable media devices (aka "MTP") including Android 4.0+ phones and cameras.
* Significant improvements to folder merge.
* Added profile management and "Quick Connect" to folder browse dialog, and improved appearance and usability on OS X.
* Added support for Amazon S3.
* Windows: Added support for loading an SMB server as a base folder (e.g., \\server) instead of requiring a specific share (\\server\share).
* Added per-profile SFTP key pairs and improved authentication handling for FTP/FTPS/SFTP.
* OS X/Linux: Added support for mounting smb:// URLs automatically and preserving the URL instead of converting to the mount point's local path.
* Ending a folder compare file filter with '.' will prevent '*' and '?' from matching periods in order to support matching files with no extension.
# Folder merge
* Replaced the left-most spacer column with icons that show the proposed merge action (Copy to Left/Right, Delete, Merge, Conflict).
* Added confirmation dialogs and icons for "Merge" and "Copy to Output".
* Added option to the "Merge" command to forcibly generate output with CVS-style conflict markers.
* Fixed generating merge output paths for profile: and URL:// based folders.
* Removed unimplemented "Merge All" command and added "Merge" to the Actions menu.
* Cleaned up visibility of commands that don't make sense for the current merge output style.
* Merging a file in the text merge now flags that comparison as reconciled in the folder merge as well.
* Reconciling a file automatically "ignores" the the comparison so it's removed from the display.
* Files in the output directory are now taken into account when automatically marking an item as reconciled.
* Fixed file operation display, summary, and error logging for "Merge" and "Copy to Output" commands.
* Fixed logging errors for automatic merge failures due to conflicts.
* "Merge" now works when folders are selected.
* Moved the "Output to" panel to the top of the window, just below the input paths.
* Re-enabled gradient coloring in the center column by default.
* Added per-profile SSH private key and SSL client certificate support.
* Added FTP profile option "Copy Unix permissions on upload".
* Encrypted SSH private keys now prompt for the passphrase when the key is accepted by the server, rather than needing to be stored in the preferences.
* Removed <default> profile's "SSH private key passphrase" setting. If needed for automation, the key should be stored without a passphrase instead.
* When logging into an SFTP site, if the username is blank the client computer's username is used automatically.
* SFTP connections no longer prompt for an unused password if public key or pageant/ssh-agent authentication works.
* SFTP connections will now automatically try to authenticate using ~/.ssh/id_rsa and id_dsa.
* Fixed changes to a profile's login information (Username/password) not being detected when opening a new connection.
* Fixed unnecessary password prompt when a profile is has an explicitly saved blank password.
* Fixed SSH keyboard-interactive authentication retrying too many times.
* Fixed hang when performing multiple FTP operations simultaneously.
* New sessions, profiles, and file formats are now edited and saved before adding them to their respective treeviews, to allow them to have better auto-generated names.
* Ending a file filter with '.' will prevent '*' and '?' from matching periods in order to support matching files with no extension.
* Launching BC from the command line with a single .patch or .diff file will now show it in the View Patch display instead of the text compare.
* Added FireMonkey .fmx type to "Delphi Form Files" file format
* Fixed launching external conversions in the "Helpers" directory in %AppData%.
* Improved handling of Subversion authentication errors and revisions that don't have SVN:author or SVN:date properties.
* Fixed "Move to folder" deleting the selected items if the source and destination were the same folder.
* Fixed comparison report's "View in Browser" command.
* Fixed Dropbox reporting last modified times in UTC instead of local time.
* Fixed error when saving changes to large files in the hex compare.
* Fixed using Find Text's "Select All" command when searching both sides of the compare.
* Fixed displaying selected file's relative in the folder compare's right path edit.
* Fixed support for using "XML Tidy" and "XML Sort" conversions on files with DOCTYPE definitions.
* Improved error messages when parsing XML files for "XML Tidy" and "XML Sort" conversions.
* Removed horizontal scrollbar in viewers that don't need them.
* Fixed File Views to use local open/save dialog if clipboard is loaded
* Fixed Folder Sync showing the "Sync" type as "Custom" if the default preset has been customized.
* Fixed changing "Unimportance" and "Compare line endings" settings to redo the alignment in text compares.
* Fixed enabling controls after saving changes fails in a file viewer.
* Dropbox profiles are now authenticated before being added to the profile list.
* Moved folder compare's "Filters" caption to the left of the combox to fix toolbar height.
* Fixed splitter handling in File Formats, Profiles, and Folder Browse dialogs.
* Fixed using Text "Replace All" to convert spaces to tabs.
* Fixed crash when refreshing a file comparison.
* Added support for automatically mounting smb:// URLs using Gnome's GVFS/FUSE bridge.
* Fixed support for FTP listings with non-ASCII filenames.
* Fixed invisible dialog buttons.
* Fixed scrollbar visibility in folder compare.
* Fixed crashes when browsing FTP directories.
* Fixed errors written to stdout.
* Fixed folder compare's log display when scrolling.
* Fixed black square cursors in picture compare.
# OS X
* Mounted smb:// URLs will now show the URL in path edits instead of the mounted /Volumes/ path that backs them.
* Improved crash reporting.
* Fixed crash when the display configuration changes or any of the displays go to sleep.
* Fixed corruption when saving a file with lines containing text that expands out to more than 2 bytes per character.
* Fixed loading Unix permissions from FTP listings.
* Fixed support for detecting case sensitive filesystems.
* Optimized the shell extension so it doesn't access the disk until a comparison is actually loaded.
* Fixed hang when trying to compare corrupt MS Word files.
* Fixed support for some NAS devices.
* Fixed deleting keys in registry compare.