The free video editor Avidemux comes with a well selected feature set to get your cutting, filtering and encoding tasks done. It reads and writes many file types (AVI, DVD, MPEG, MP4, ASF, MKV) and comes with a variety of common codecs and filters. Avidemux automates your tasks by creating projects and putting them into the job queue.
- Non-linear video editing
- Apply filters and effects
- Transcode into various formats
- Insert or extract audio streams
- Subtitle processor
- Project system
- Powerful scripting capabilities
- Graphical or command line interfaces
- Video encoders: MPEG-4 AVC, XviD, MPEG-4 ASP, MPEG-2 Video, MPEG-1 Video, DV, ...
- Audio encoders: AC-3, AAC, MP3, MP2, Vorbis, PCM, ...
- Container: AVI, MPEG-PS/TS, MP4, MKV, FLV, OGM, ...
* Windows : Fixed MP4 muxer
* Windows : Patched x264 to use utf8, that should solve most of the bitrate too low errors
* All : Bumped x264 preset to v2 to make sure invalid Qp from older versions are not used any longer
* Mov : Fixed PCM/LPCM management
* Languages support for audio tracks