The free video editor Avidemux comes with a well selected feature set to get your cutting, filtering and encoding tasks done. It reads and writes many file types (AVI, DVD, MPEG, MP4, ASF, MKV) and comes with a variety of common codecs and filters. Avidemux automates your tasks by creating projects and putting them into the job queue.
- Non-linear video editing
- Apply filters and effects
- Transcode into various formats
- Insert or extract audio streams
- Subtitle processor
- Project system
- Powerful scripting capabilities
- Graphical or command line interfaces
- Video encoders: MPEG-4 AVC, XviD, MPEG-4 ASP, MPEG-2 Video, MPEG-1 Video, DV, ...
- Audio encoders: AC-3, AAC, MP3, MP2, Vorbis, PCM, ...
- Container: AVI, MPEG-PS/TS, MP4, MKV, FLV, OGM, ...
- Re-enabled 64bits windows build using octave
- libva hardware decoding
- xvba hardware decoding, ported from xbmc, experimental
- Only lock job database when adding a job
- Fixed the doubled fps bug on mpeg ts
- Fixed positive and negative audio shift having the same effect
- Windows : Better drag n drop support
- Added back save/load video filter set
- Dv encoding
- Fast, superfast and ultrafast x264 preset by bernd_b
- Support for 10bits h264 decoding
- Much improved speed for downmixing
- Updated libav*