Audacity is a free, easy-to-use audio editor and recorder for Windows, Mac OS X, GNU/Linux and other operating systems. You can use Audacity to:
- Record live audio.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files.
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
- Add new effects with LADSPA plug-ins.
- And more!
# Bug fixes for:
* Imports and Exports:
- AAC files could not be exported at 48000 Hz
- When importing multiple native file formats using FFmpeg, all files after the first reverted to using the native importer
- FFmpeg custom export window too large on 800 x 600 resolution monitors
- Projects froze if files imported via On-Demand were no longer available
- (Linux) WAV/AIFF exports were corrupted if overwriting an aliased file which had been imported using the command line
- Cutting or deleting a region in the waveform and label track did not move the labels in advance of the cut
- Incorrect behavior snapping to labels and boundaries with Snap To enabled
- Labels can now be reversed if included with the audio selection using the command line
* Other bug fixes:
- When using non-English languages, Generate effects truncated the selected region
- Mice with high-precision scroll-wheels could cause a crash
- Changing recording preferences using the Transport menu did not update the menu in other open projects
- (Windows 7) Clicking in a file open or save dialog caused files or folders to disappear from the list, and file filtering was broken
# Changes and improvements:
- A hover tooltip is now provided if the Mixer Toolbar input selector cannot control the system slider for the selected input.
- More intuitive behavior when moving and resizing labels by dragging
- Support added for importing lists of files (LOF) containing relative paths
- Export Multiple: new option to use a numerical prefix before existing label or track names; "Success" dialog now resizable
- New Equalization preset "Inverse RIAA", with new button to invert other curves
- Timer Record now remembers last scheduled duration
- Meter Toolbar can now be made much narrower, and so more suitable for vertical orientation
- New Preferences choice for "System" language which is used on first run instead of asking user to choose language
- Warning now provided if WAV/AIFF exports are not successfully completed
- (Linux) Improved icon set in compliance with freedesktop.org Icon Theme Specification 0.6