AMD Catalyst Drivers Vista 12.10 Vista
AMD's award-winning Catalyst graphics and HD video configuration software delivers unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics processors. AMD Catalyst drivers deliver stable performance and push the limits of innovation with advanced user-oriented features.
Precision controls for power users. Tweaks for gamers and video enthusiasts. Simple wizard-assisted setup, easy multi-monitor configuration, and ultra reliable operation for working professionals. New user or seasoned expert, AMD Catalyst puts you in charge of The Ultimate Visual Experience.
- AMD Catalyst updates are focused on improving graphics performance, including enhancements for popular Direct3D and OpenGL game titles.
Innovative and exciting features
- AMD Catalyst includes the AMD Catalyst Control Center, delivering innovative features and unprecedented control of performance and visual quality with AMD Radeon graphics.
- Catalyst drivers for Windows Vista and Windows XP are Microsoft WHQL-certified to deliver the industry's most stable and reliable graphics performance.
This version is for the 32-bit version of Vista.
* Ready for Windows 8
- Target-Independent Rasterization (TIR): TIR is a new rendering path that enables superior anti-aliasing in Direct3D driver applications
- Native Stereo 3D Support: Windows 8 natively supports stereoscopic 3D gaming and videos via compatible applications
- Unified Video API: Video playback has been integrated into the DirectX® 11 API, enabling simultaneous video and gaming content. Transcoding performance may also be improved for supported applications.
- Optimized screen rotation for rotation aware devices
- Improved sleep/resume performance
- Optimized GPU power consumption
- Major technologies / features also supported under Windows 8:
> AMD Eyefinity technology
> Unified Video Decoder (UVD)
> AMD Dual Graphics
> AMD CrossFire technology
> AMD Overdrive
> AMD Catalyst Control Center/ AMD Vision Engine Control Center
* Mobility support for AMD Enduro™ Technology
- AMD Enduro™ Technology for Notebooks delivers:
> Unbeatable battery life
> GPU accelerated performance for gaming, video, and compute apps
> A Seamless and automatic experience
* New Enduro™ Technology features found in Catalyst 12.10:
- Re-designed Catalyst Control Center user interface
> View all profiled applications
> View recently run applications
> Profile applications based on power source
- Expert mode control and customization
> Performance centric AC
> Battery centric DC
# Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System
* F1 2011 : Vehicle textures flicker when game is run at low settings
* Dirt Showdown : Flickering seen when benchmark is run in DirectX 11 mode
* Battlefield – Bad Company 2 : Flickering textures seen in AMD CrossFire mode
* Alan Wake – Freezes when run in DirectX 9 mode with AMD CrossFire and Eyefinity enabled
* Portal 2 – Freezes when run in DirectX 9 mode with AMD Crossfire and Eyefinity enabled
# Resolved Issues for the Windows 8 Operating System
* Enemy Territory Quake Wars performance affected when run at high resolutions
* Wolfenstien performance affected when run at high resolutions
* System hangs when disabling Eyefinity
* World of Warcraft – Mists of Pandaria experiences graphical corruption when anti-aliasing is forced to 2X or higher