Apple GarageBand is a great music production studio for those who are looking for a software utility to help take their music production to the next level. The application helps users record their instruments and/or vocals. You can then use these to make audio tracks, mixing in other sources of music. Beginners will also find the ‘Learn to Play’ feature handy. It is available for piano as well as guitar.
GarageBand has a number of built-in effects that can be used on the 24-bit audio interface. The Smart Controls, the Drummers, the Sound Library etc., are great for mixing your songs. Along with this, the Pedal board and Amp Designer is also a great pick. You can also save the GarageBand projects in your iCloud account, making sure they are always safe and accessible.
Key features include:
- Record instrumentals and vocals.
- Mix various sources of audio.
- Learn to play feature.
- Easy to use.
- Great for beginners.
- Add custom effects.
- iCloud saving.
The interface of this application has been split into different panes. There is one main area that show how the tracks you have chosen have been layered, one on top of the other. You will also find output track representation towards the end which are followed by some basic controls on music playback.
All the effects that can be used by the user are listed on the right hand pane, making it simple to apply them and customize the settings. The interface, just like most of the Apple applications, is quite simple and easy to use. With the newest version of this application, the developers have provided a ‘how did I play’ feature which directly accesses your performance while you are still learning to play.
- 10 new Drummers that produce beats in a variety of electronic music and Hip Hop styles including House, Trap, Techno, Dubstep and more
- Over 100 EDM and Hip Hop-inspired synthesizer Patches featuring the new Transform Pad Smart Control for sound morphing
- Record the movements of software instrument Smart Controls to capture performances of effect and tone adjustments
- 1,000 new Apple Loops from a variety of popular instruments and genres including EDM, Hip Hop, Indie, Disco, Funk, and Blues
- Share directly from GarageBand to Apple Music Connect*
- Adds support for Force Touch trackpad
- Resolves an issue which prevented the export of long recordings
- Contains multiple enhancements to Accessibility