Xfire 1.133 B 44183
Xfire is a free tool that automatically keeps track of when and where gamers are playing PC games online and lets their friends join them easily. It works regardless of game type, server browser, or gaming service that a player is using.
Xfire combines instant messaging, a server browser, peer-to-peer file downloads, in-game messaging, screenshot and video capture and one of the most active gaming communities in the world into a small, simple package. Best of all, it's free!
- Implemented chat room spam control. If a user attempts to spam a chat room, the spam isn’t received by the people in attendance, and they will receive the message: “You have attempted to send too many messages within a short amount of time. Please wait before you send another message.” Spamming a chat room will result in a permanent (non-appealable) ban from the Xfire network.
- OpenCandy (a system used to give users third party programs during install) has been removed from the Xfire installer;
- The Xfire installer’s EULA has been updated to reflect the removal of OpenCandy (i.e. that section has been removed from the EULA);
- Fixed an issue where users were unable to register using the Xfire client. Users can now register from the Xfire client correctly;
- Xfire XO Toolbar is now available for Chrome in alpha-test form. There are many known bugs, but you’re free to give it a try! (Web Game Detection is not supported on multiple tabs, and sometimes doesn’t work at all);