XChat is a popular Internet Relay Chat (IRC) client. It has a choice of a tabbed document interface or tree interface, support for multiple servers and is highly configurable.
XChat is a full-featured IRC client and includes all basic functionalities that are found in most other IRC clients, including CTCP, DCC file transfers and chats.
It supports a plugin system for various languages (including C, C++, Perl, Python, Tcl, Ruby, Lua, CLISP, D, and DMDScript). By writing plugins, the features and functionality of XChat can be extended and customized.
* Fixed a rare Auto-Nick-Completion (non-TAB key) crash.
* Fixed a possible crash if you clicked "Add to favourites" in the main text area, while the server-list window was open in the background.
* The setting added in the previous version: "/set -or gui_tweaks 64 will now turn OFF user list icons." will now properly remove the prefix character from the right-click menu.
* Added -on and -off parameters to the /SET command. This can be used to set bits, for example gui_tweaks.
* /set -or gui_tweaks 128 will now turn OFF the text attribute button.