Vuze (formerly Azureus) is a free BitTorrent client, which is used to transfer files via the BitTorrent protocol. The application is written in Java and uses the Azureus Engine.
Vuze offers multiple torrent downloads, queuing/priority systems (on torrents and files), start/stop seeding options and instant access to numerous pieces of information about your torrents.
In addition to BitTorrenting, Vuze allows you to view, publish and share original DVD and HD quality video content. You can see content through channels and categories containing TV shows, music videos, movies, video games and others.
If you publish your own original content via the Vuze platform, you are able to charge for it.
Please be advised: You must have Java installed to be able to run Vuze.
* New Features:
- Core | Feature manager
- Core | Added mechanism to add virtual devices
- Core | On-demand media analysis
- Core | Added a few hooks to ease third party use of code
- Core | Added means to hook into content launch operations
- Core | Allow devices to be specified as 'no xcode required'
- Core | Added option to prevent IP filters being cleared on reload
- Core | Re-attempt torrent download via magnet if possible
- Plug | Added mechanism for a cache-plugin to reserve pieces for their cache-peer
- Plug | Added mechanism for plugins to specify executable properties of installed files
- Plug | Added method for testing if move-on-complete actions are active
- UI | Toolbar support for selecting files in file-view
- UI | Feature Manager UI
- UI | Better Drag&Drop indication on sidebar
- UI | Better pop-out/pop-up supression from Search Results pages
- Core | Added ability to add xcodes in stopped state
- Core | When there's only one transcode profile available, don't allow user to make a (non-existant) choice
- Core | Added country-code to version server response
- Core | Don't push direct file reads through the file cache
- Plug | Allow plugins to force their columns to be visible
- Core | Allow the removal of transcode jobs to be vetoed
- Core | Take USB detection off init thread in case it hangs
- Core | Added download property to allow force and direct deletion to be specified
- Core | Enforce update action ordering
- Plug | Added swt info to update check to allow different plugin versions for different swt
- UI | Limit max torrent file size to prevent bad behaviour when large files dropped onto UI
- UI | Truncation percentages shown for xcode to avoid useless ".0"
- UI | Restructure Sidebar/Tab system into a common MDI structure
- UI | Some dialogs now switch Ok/Cancel to Cancel/Ok on OSX
* Corrected bugs:
- Core | Fix 'no space' display for offline downloaders
- Core | Fixed opening torrent from Finder bug under OSX 10.4
- Core | Magnet download of large torrent files speed up
- Core | Resource downloader was firing complete events twice sometimes
- Core | File channel support for 2GB+ files
- Core | Update pending files in xcode view when files deletes
- Core | Fix relayout bug in status bar
- Core | Fix various places where linked files were being ignored
- Core | Fix rare case where Donation window was popping up too often
- Plug | Ensure that reloaded plugin's message resources are loaded
- Plug | Ensure installation failures are reported
- UI | Extend cell refresh logic to include those with refresh listeners
- UI | Fix rare case where table sort order is incorrect after raid data updates
- UI | Patch case where Vuze prevents Windows 7 from shutting down
- UI | Fix buttons having ugly BG on Win7
- UI | Fix some columns not showing up in "All Torrents" views
- UI | Fix clipboard menu not working for some columns (Torrent Name Column)