UltraDefrag is a powerful disk defragmentation tool for Windows. It is the first open source defragmenter with full support of system locked files defragmentation. Actually all files including registry hives and paging file can be processed by UltraDefrag during the Windows boot process.
- Boot Time Defragmentation: This feature provides an ability to defragment any system files. Including page file, registry hives, hiberfil.sys file and many other files locked by the system or other applications when windows is fully running.
- Fast Disk Optimization: The optimizer rearranges all data and places them to the beginning of the drive. In many instances we have found, that the system is more stable and performs a lot better under load, if data is placed at the beginning of the drive.
- Single File and Folder Defragmentation: After UltraDefrag is installed you have the ability to select any file or folder and deframent it. This option is mostly useful, if you have recently installed an application or a game and would like to have it defragmented immediately for maximum performance.
This is the 32-bit version.
* few minor bugs were fixed.
* the following translations were updated: Filipino (Tagalog), Spanish.
* few major bugs affecting thread safety were fixed.
* wxWidgets were upgraded to the latest stable 3.0.2 release.
* a lot of minor bugs were fixed.
* Finnish translation was updated.
* NOTE: the language selection got broken, because wxWidgets 3.0.2 uses different language identifiers; just click Settings > Language and select yours once again to fix that
* safer options were used for compilation.
* Slovak translation was updated.
* one minor bug was fixed.
* crash handling was reimplemented to gather more information.
* few minor bugs were fixed.
* Portuguese (Brazil) translation was updated.
* the following translations were updated: Catalan, Chinese (China), Chinese (Taiwan), Czech, Danish, Dutch, English (United Kingdom), French, Georgian, German, Greek, Hungarian, Iloko, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Persian, Polish, Portuguese, Portuguese (Brazil), Russian, Spanish, Spanish (Mexico), Swedish, Thai, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese.
* GUI and command line tools reimplemented on top of wxWidgets library.
* online translation migrated from http://ultradefrag.wikispaces.com/ to http://www.transifex.com/projects/p/ultradefrag/.
* initial language selection is now done by the GUI instead of the installer.
* ability to hide drives list columns through their resizing added.
* ability to check for all or stable updates added.
* multicolumn language selection menu implemented.
* internal GUI settings moved from guiopts-internals.lua to gui.ini file.
* Windows NT 4.0 and Windows 2000 support dropped due to poor API support.
* useless font selection dialog removed from GUI (adjust Windows theme instead).
* scale_by_dpi GUI parameter removed, as well as disable_latest_version_check and restore_default_window_size parameters (examine guiopts.lua file for details).
* Internals: Windows Driver Kit support dropped because of its unreliable development environment - use Windows SDK v7.1 instead.
* winx_vswprintf and winx_swprintf routines added to zenwinx library.
* wgx library replaced by wxWidgets library.